How to delete individual iMessages and texts in iOS 7
One feature that changed in iOS 7 in regards to the Messages app is how you delete individual messages. In previous versions of iOS, you'd just tap the edit button and tick off the messages you'd like to delete followed by tapping the delete option. Many users have been scratching their heads wondering where that edit option went in iOS 7. It isn't gone, it's just moved. Here's how to find it again!
How to delete iMessages in iOS 7
- Launch the Messages app from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad running iOS 7.
- Hold your finger down on any message in the thread you'd like to delete messages from.
- Now tap on the More... option from the menu that pops up.
- You should now have the option to tick off messages and delete them just like you did in previous versions of iOS.
That's all there is to it. You can get back to deleting individual messages!
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out:
- How to enable and activate (or re-activate) iMessage
- How to add additional email addresses to iMessage
- How to send texts using iMessage
- How to send photos using iMessage
- How to send videos using iMessage
- How to send contact cards using iMessage
- How to send map locations using iMessage
- How to send Voice Memos with iMessage
- How to turn on and off read receipts in iMessage
- How to delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to copy or forward iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to increase privacy with iMessage
- How to report iMessage spam to Apple
- How to block iMessages on the iPhone or iPad
- How to block iMessages on the Mac
- How to disable iMessage on iPhone if you switch to Android