What are the hottest new apps on the App Store right now? These!
There are over a million and a half apps for iPhone and iPad and the number just keeps growing. Every day new and newly updated apps hit the App Store, and it's impossible to keep up with all of them. Luckily, you don't have to. All you have to do is bookmark this page and come back every day. When you do, we'll have the best of the best new apps waiting for you!
And don't forget to check out our list of this week's best games for your iPhone.
Best new and updated apps
This week, express your love for Zayn, create collaborative movies of great times with your friends, manage your family's screen time, and more.
- ZAYNmoji - Fans of the one-time One Directioner can now spread the love around with ZAYNmoji. This app offers a pack of more than 250 characters and GIFs, all of which can be easily sent to friends through iMessage. Express yourself and demonstrate your fandom at the same time. - $1.99 - Download Now
- Storyo - Document the important and interesting moments of your life that you spent with the people you care about the most. Invite your Facebook friends to the app, then combine photos you took at an event with those they took at the same event to create a group video memory. Storyo analyzes your camera roll to find new stories that you and your friends might share. - Free - Download Now
- unGlue - Set limits on screen time for your whole family. unGlue shows you how long members of your family have been using different screens, such as computers, mobile devices, and the TV. You can also see information about what kind of sites your kids visit, how long they were on those sites, and set limits for their usage. - Free - Download Now
- Hater - Many people find connections thanks to shared interest in things they love, but there are some who seek each other out based on more negative feelings. Hater is a dating app that matches you with people based on the things you hate. Swipe on things you hate, and then when you find other people, you swipe on them, too. Like Tinder, it's anonymous until someone swipes you back, and if you have trouble getting a conversation started, play a hater card. - Free - Download Now
- Moment - This app lets you keep the camera rolling without worrying about your iPhone's storage limit. You open moment, and just start shooting video, tap the capture button to save the last five to ten seconds of an event like a great moment at a game or when the guest of honor walks into the room during a surprise party. - $2.99 - Download Now
- Aura - This app helps you practice mindfulness with exercises that are customized to your needs. The app presents a series of three-minute exercises meant to help you reduce stress. As you use the app and rate your experiences, Aura will become more tailored to your, creating a custom meditation routine. - Free - Download Now
Apple's featured apps this week are all about fun in the snow, whether you're hitting the ski slopes or just waiting on that next snow day.
- Slopes - No matter where you ski, Slopes is your essential companion app. The app automatically records your runs and lifts as you ride, and offers you live stats on your iPhone and Apple Watch. The app connects to Health on your iPhone to report workouts, and you'll also get Activity ring credit on your watch when you've finished up. - Free - Download Now
- FATMAP - Get 3D maps for resort and country trails on your iPhone or iPad. The maps come from all over the globe, and the app even offers a guidebook to different mountains and trails around the world. Each map comes with terrain intelligence and risk assessments, including quick reference overlays for any hazards to watch out for. - Free - Download Now
- Snowledge - This app uses your iPhone's built-in GPS to track your skiing and snowboarding activities. connect with friend's or the local winter sports community and share photos and maps from your runs. Get real-time weather info at your desired resort or trail so you stay ahead of any issues. - Free - Download Now
- SnowCast - This app is all about tracking snowy weather. You can get alerts of upcoming snowfall in your area, with up to two days advanced warning before expected snow. The app utilizes NOAA's hourly snowfall forecast projections to help you make exactly the plans you need to. - $2.99 - Download Now
Free app of the week
Green Riding Hood - Aimed at younger kids, this animated story features beautiful artwork and animations, along with a new spin on the classic Red Riding Hood story. In this version, Grandma is a green tea-sipping yoga enthusiast, but you'll still have to outmatch the cunning Wolf.
Here's what the developer has to say:
- CUTE CHARACTERS that will make your family have a hearty laugh!
- BEAUTIFUL GRAPHICS made by an award winning illustrator Andrey Gordeev whose portfolio includes Cannes Lion and ADC Global awards.
- GREAT ANIMATIONS to whisk you away to a magic world!
- FUN MINIGAMES that will cheer up and entertain kids and adults alike.
- GRANDMA'S COOKING BOOK with plenty of recipes for a healthy and balanced diet.
- EXCELLENT VOICEOVER recorded by Alistair Findlay — a Scottish actor whose filmography includes such classical movies as "Highlander" and "In the Name of the Father". Children's apps fans know him for his narration in the acclaimed Nighty Night HD apps series.
You can get Chameleon Run for free from the App Store until February 23.
- Free - Download Now